Monday, August 20, 2012

'jaggery pot! i ate sugar, you ate snot.'

Hiiiiiii and welcome my blog readers!!!! I hope that you are enjoying your visits to my tropsicle slime machine and including it in all your gossips which is the most dubious honor I could ask for. I don't know why I have a tendency to begin my posts as if I'm receiving a Grammy aka Teen Choice Award for Best Eyes aka Ring Pop (?) but helloos to you and thank gad for all the oneness but most importantly for making me feel like a number 1. I figure that certain readers might feel cheated during their past visits here because this is suppose to be a time machine which to some implies serious boot strappy mechanics, nuts n bolts etc but for some reason after you read my blog you feel like you haven't gone much of anywhere except maybe to a shady popsicle stand where you found a dead fly in your ice cream..................and ate it. I'm unsurprised to say that I've created a highly neglected, confusingly sequenced archive of my purrsonal poisonals here. Also Why did you eat that fly? "I write emotional algebra," wrote Anais Nin which is a lovely quote of hers I found on some website's compilation of Anais Nin quotes. I don't really know shit about Anais Nin except that her sun sign is in Pisces and I also don't think I write anything as mastered or meticulous as emotional algebra, but more like non-bra wearing emotions written through the imagined inflection of a platypus. Point beez, whomever you are, maybe you'll leave a comment or something so I can figure out if you are from the federal government checking up on whether I am of good character or mostly not. 

Mooing on, this blog post title is from my mom who recounted this lil jokesie from her tender youths in Madras. It goes:


 "Jaggery pot!" 

("what?") 
"I ate sugar, you ate snot!"

This is something that my mom would say when she was a kiddo but I find more enjoyment from her saying it to me as a grownperson. Isn't it just? Pot and snot rhyme so nicely to say something so unnecessary. Also my mom talking about snot is probably one of the more precarious things to happen in months so I totes had to give yougaiz an update #jelous? 


Another update is that I moved last week!!!! To New Orleans yougaiz. And I have plenty to say about that but for now I just want to send a lot of love to my peeps in the places I don't live anymore - specifically those I know from North Carolina and Hyderabad. Maybe it's my new job that's inviting all these Mr. Roger's neighborhood sensations but I'm recognizing the value of those communities by moving to this city where I came knowing practically no one. And while it's really pretty exciting to have the scope of my daily encounters feel like multiple first dates...... I guess I miss the companionship ? And with that conclusion I've literally turned into a cornish hen. What I mean to say is that there's a lot of unrecognized jaggery-pot-sugar-snot there and that magnificence has always been with us even when it was just the 50 millioneth pine tree I came across.


To finish, here is a picture of my previous birthday cuteness to commemorate the slightly aged, sappy cuteness that I feel today:





1 comment: